Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Last Sunday night our church held its 8th annual “Trunk or Treat” night. All of the kids dress up in Non-Scary costumes and head up to church for some family fun. There are games, hot dogs, a cake walk (of course Gillian won a yummy cake), and the highlight of the night is when all of the kids walk around the parking lot and “Trunk or Treat!”

Us parents decorate our trunks and hand out candy as the kids stroll by. I of course grabbed our Halloween decorations about an hour before the event and threw together this truck.


As you look you should know a few things. One, there was a sweet strobe light going off in the entire car so it looked super cool. Two, there are Orange lights (like Christmas lights) all around the back that you may not be able to see very well. And lastly, I had the most awesome Halloween soundtrack playing with "Thriller," "The X-Flies theme" (but a total club version you could dance too), "This is Halloween" (from A Nightmare Before Christmas), "Dead Man’s Party," "The Ghostbusters Theme," and my all time favorite "Halloween Spooks!"

I did not win the “Best Decorated Trunk” award but that’s alright. There were a lot of cool trunks.

This was a cool Pumpkin trunk.


This was one of my favorites! Doctor Jones!



This is my cousin’s trunk. So cute.


This was the winner! I thought it was pretty unique.


Gillian was a Hippy.


George was Axl Rose.



I was a leprechaun.


A silly shirt I found at Target about 10 minutes before I went to church is what I ended up wearing. And this has to be the worst picture I have ever taken. And that's Clay dressed as one of the 7 dwarfs. He was Doc.

All and all it was a fun night and the best part is, my kids hate candy with nuts in it so send the Snickers and Baby Ruth’s my way!

10 comments:

k2 said...

Very Cool! Looks like everyone had a great time and were creative to boot!
G-ninja - do you have costumes for every holiday? Your already set for St.Patrick's Day - You just need a box of Lucky Charms!
k2

Anonymous said...

george, only you can rock a leprachaun outfit on halloween! did ya have your pot of gold too?

i used to love the harvest festival at halloween at my daughter's school/church. we had a whole mini carnival. so much better than a night of ghouls and goblins and yucky bloody masks. and little george is a great axl rose or that guy who keeps trying to find his "rock of love"

Anonymous said...

Cool, and nicely safe! (And not one of those so-called haunted houses that are the "look at the stages of Hell you will go through if you don't believe as we do" set-ups that I've heard of popping up occasionally...)

Karen said...

Very cool!!!

Scott K. Johnson said...

I love it man!

At first I thought that "trunk or treat" was some kind of ghetto fabulous way to hoard a WHOLE BUNCH of loot!! Like the kids had SO MUCH that they needed to dump it in the trunk every so often!

LOL!!!

Lea said...

That looks like so much fun! I loe the trunks. I've got to add the X-files theme to my Halloween playlist- I think I've got a pretty good selection, but that would round it out nicely :) Great costumes, you guys.

Minnesota Nice said...

When I lpoked at the pics I thought "isn't George freezing with those short pants on?"........oops, then I remembered, you live in California. Duh....

Minnesota Nice said...

When I lpoked at the pics I thought "isn't George freezing with those short pants on?"........oops, then I remembered, you live in California. Duh....

Corey said...

It nice to see your church isn't too full of itself to not allow kids (and 'older' kids) to have a good time with Halloween. The decos look great!

Michelle said...

I heart your church! I am totally stealing that idea for next year...