Monday, December 11, 2006

Magic Monday

There is something about Monday's for me. If I am going to start any new habit or kick an old one, I have to begin on a Monday.

This Monday will be the beginning of the next phase in my path to healthiness. Starting tomorrow I will begin to eat less/healthier, exercise, and generally make some better choices each day as far as my long term health is concerned.

I have been complaining a lot recently about all of the weight I have put on and it has gotten to the point where I can hardly fit into my clothes any longer. I spent all weekend in a really bad mood (I am also fighting a cold) because I cannot button a single pair of my shorts. It is beyond disgusting. It is time now to do something about it.

So, each Monday morning I will post my amount of poundage lost if any. I am not going to post my weight since, I am too embarrassed to share that info. I think the progress is more important anyway, right?

Let's see how this goes. Stay tuned.

Do any of you have to wait until Monday's to start (or end) a habit?

11 comments:

In Search Of Balance said...

What a great plan. If only a day of the week stirred up motivation in me!

Seriously, though, congratulations on deciding to be a healthier guy, and I have no doubt that you will kick those extra pounds back where they belong!

:)

Erica said...

I am EXACTLY the same way... There is just something about Mondays. Today, a Monday, lol - I tested in the AM! whoo hoo! First time in... I can't even remember how many weeks. I'm trying to get back on the wagon as well.

Minnesota Nice said...

Of course I wait until Monday!
(No treats in the lunchroom so far......no leftover cookies from weekend parties, no birthday bagels, no Secret Santa pecan fudge - I think I'm safe for at least the next hour.
Good luck George!

Sarah said...

I am a Monday person for things like these as well. It is a beginning anyhow, it just makes sense.

Sasha said...

Mondays, yeah, they have that certain charm for starting new things or at least planning to. Especially appealing on a Tuesday :)

But jokes aside, it's a great plan and I hope you stay motivated to carry it out. And you're right it's all about the progress.

And even if you don't see any or much progress in the beginning, just the idea that you're taking care of yourself by eating healthier and exercising is rewarding enough and gives you a great feeling and puts you in a better mood. At least it always works for me.

Good luck!

mel said...

Well, I waited until today to start logging again, so yes, I guess so :)

Great job with the progress! :)

Carey said...

Good luck George.

Anonymous said...

I write Mondays off - something always goes wrong on Monday. My week doesn't officially begin until Tuesday!
Strangely, though, I always find that I have to make resolutions at the beginning of a month.

Good luck with your new goal! :)

Jamie said...

Yep - Mondays are THE day for me to start anything new.

Best of luck with your weight loss!

Scott K. Johnson said...

I'm a monday guy too, most of the time. Although what Tiffany says rings true often as well.

Sometimes Mondays are just so damn ugly at work and stuff, that Tuesdays are when I can really get down to business.

Nina said...

Good luck George! I'm not really a "Monday" person. As soon as I get the feeling that I have to change something I have to start the next day - whichever day that is - because then when Monday does roll around I feel like I've got a head start!