I am not a fan of reinventing the wheel and here is a good chance for you to check out some of the awesome people I met. So here are some great posts about the social media summit (And a fun one too!) Go read, look at pictures (I took some with my iPhone but they look awful), and then come back and read my take.
What I loved:
- Meeting all these wonderful people that I had only dreamed of meeting.
- Seeing those that I have met before and whom I missed dearly.
- Roche for extending a hand to us and keeping good on their promise of not “being a commercial.”
- Seeing how test strips are made.
- Feeling so powerful among my blogging brothers and sisters.
- Knowing that we do make a difference and trying to figure out how we can work together better.
- People shouting “GEORGE!” when I walked in at dinner. (I get surprised that people are excited to see me. It is usually the other way around.)
- When the Roche exec asked me, “so what’s up with these people shouting your name when you walked in!” LOL
- Lots of Diet Soda and Bacon at breakfast.
- Laughing and Crying with people I love.
What I did not like:
- Missing Sara.
- Almost missing my flight home.
- Not having enough time with my friends.
- When the Roche exec asked me, “So you call yourself a ‘Ninja.’ What exactly does that mean?” LOL
- Sitting on the plane home, alone in my thoughts, and wiping away tears that I could not stop for the life of me.
One thing you should know is that Diet Coke in Indiana sometimes comes with a surprise!