Monday, July 06, 2009

The Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good one. I had Friday off which meant I could get in a game of Disc Golf with my buddies. Sure it was a lousy round. Sure I hit a tree so hard I was almost sure I was going to cut it down. But it was well worth it.

After the game I had some “fix it” stuff to do around the house that I had been putting off forever. For a non-“fix it” guy you feel pretty cool when you finally do fix anything. I am not the guy who tries to fix the impossible. I choose my projects carefully but still, it makes me feel like more of a man (and not a little kid) when I do fix some stuff.

Saturday was awesome. We went out to my sisters house and had a good old barbecue. Burgers and Dogs and it was awesome. I got to hang out with my adorable niece, she 66% of my siblings, and some friends too! I was great.

My sister and her husband love to play games. Every time we go over we end up playing a board game, or a card game, or even an outdoors game. Last year it was Croquet which I am horrible at but this year it was Bocce Ball and it was a blast. My sister’s Father in law (also named George) and I were the Green team and we were kicking some serious butt. This was the end of our winning streak.

Sure it stung a little but going out like this is not nearly as bad as getting creamed.

Fireworks are over priced and are lame. But no one got hurt and there was no fire so yay 4th of July.

Yesterday consisted of a very moving and yet upsetting church service and then another barbecue for my wife’s aunt’s birthday. This time it was Ribs and Chicken. It was a lot of fun and the cake my cousin made was out of control as usual.

All and all the weekend was a nice 3 days away from work. I always enjoy hanging out with family and this weekend was a great time for doing just that.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

Sounds like it was an awesome weekend! Good for you for getting your fix-it projects done too. I need to find a little inspiration and motivation to do some projects once I get home.

And that cake looks fabulous! Plus, it must be really healthy since it has strawberries on it ;)

Crystal said...

Good stuff man. Glad you had a great time with family.

Your "Angry at Diabetes" post on dLife made me cry. I am sorry man. I am. I remember as a kid, our neighbor was an Army Recruiter. Once he found out I was diabetic, he stopped asking. I know your pain. I did not want to go into the military but harbored serious resentment toward my diabetes knowing I could never join.

And yes, that cake Rocks. Her site rocks. She rocks. Yum Yum.

(((hugs)))

Scott K. Johnson said...

Sounds awesome dude.

That cake is CRAZY cool!