Sunday, June 11, 2006

So far, so good.

Well it has been 3 days now and all is well with "Master P" (my pump)
I changed my infusion set today and it is sore a little. Actually it kind of hurts. Not like the first one I put in Thursday. I am not sure if i should change it. I am concerned becuase as soon as I put it in, I remembered that this was an area I used for injections and I was going to try and avoid those for a while. I am a little concerned about absorbing issues. I will see about this tomorrow I guess.

I have made some adjustments but all and all things are okay. I think all of the "don't get frustrated" advise really helped. I know it is a major leaning curve and I will get it down. One thing I did learn is that I suck at Carb counting! I am tempted to only eat prepackaged food so I do not have to guess but I am sure my wife will not let that happen!

Not much more to report. I am loving it a whole lot. I am going to send back the unopened boxes of 23" tubing and replace it with 43" and other then that, I am going to keep plugging away!

More updates soon.

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

heheheh - "Master P" - I Love it!!

Say "Uuuuuuuughhhn"

Kevin said...

George,

Regarding your absorption concerns: I've learned a new trick recently.

Before:
Whenever I changed sites, I would switch from the right side of my stomach to the left side (or visa versa). But I still had favorite spots on each side.

Now:
Whenever I change sites, the new one goes about 1 inch away from the old one. This way, I work back and forth in a typewriter fasion across my abdomen (I usually get two rows per side). This way each site gets something like 6 weeks to heal before I'm back in that neighborhood again.

Give it a try, hopefully that will help with some of your absorption concerns.