Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Retreat Weekend

This weekend I will be attending another VDC retreat which I have written about lots of times.

This time will be different for me.

Life has been a struggle for me lately. I have been sort of existing in the world but not feeling as if I am really here. I am not sure if that makes sense but as I go back and read that, it is the perfect explanation.

Floating along letting the winds of change and the currents of the ocean move me around and all the while I tread water. I stay here but without any choices. Without any decisions. Just reacting and staying above water. This is how I feel.

Happiness? It’s there. It is shadowed by a lot of crap and it does come through now and then. I need to get my head and spirit focused and centered.

I need this weekend.

My plan is to vlog tomorrow morning before I leave but that may not happen. I have a lot to do before I go.

Most importantly, I need to prepare my heart for change.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Although I can't send you a letter, as is practice (at least for us at Emmaus) I will say that I pray you have a wonderful weekend full of Christ and His glory. Let Him come in and fill you up with His mercy, grace, and love. Even as you work, you will be worked on. :)
(as we say with Chrysalis) Fly With Christ,
Cara

Anonymous said...

Rather than state it explicity without context, I reference the Wikipedia Entry for the Priestly Blessing.

May the Lord bless you and keep you
May the Lord shine His countenance toward you and be gracious unto you
May the Lord lift up His countenance toward you and give you peace

Meghan said...

I'm praying for you..

may you have a blessed fun and spirit filled weekend.
may it be everything you need.
may you only sing "those who see light" 29 times.

*grin*

love you.

<3

Lea said...

Sounds like this VDC weekend could not have come at a better time. I know being on team will be super busy, but know that when you have a moment to sit back and take a breath...feeling and seeing Christ's energy and love at work is amazing and healing. Let it replenish your spirit, and have a great time!!

for palanca I will:
pray the rosary every evening
no secular music
say extra prayers

Scott K. Johnson said...

I totally get what you mean by that. Damn we have so much in common it is scary.

I find that I feel that way when life is so busy I have no time to just "BE". Word.