I like to be different. I like to do things that are unique. As far as tomorrow goes I am still not sure what I am going to do. I had some thoughts but they all seemed....well....bad.
In fact, here is the top ten list of World Diabetes Day events that I decided would not be a good idea.
10. Paint blue circles on all the Red signal lights on my way to work since they always stop me.
9. Make a shirt out of used syringes to wear around town.
8. Send a chain letter out saying, “If you ever tell a diabetic that they cannot eat something your future will be filled with Michael Bolton music and really weak Tang.”
7. Drive around town playing “Pour some sugar on me” and “I want candy” as loud as possible but then screaming “NO BECAUSE I HAVE THE BETES” into a Mr. Microphone.
6. Purchase a hand held stop sign and stand on my street corner stopping each car and checking their blood sugar.
5. Buying all the sugar free cookies at Vons and arranging them into the word “CARBS” in the parking lot.
4. Answering every phone call with, “Hi I’m George and I have type 1 diabetes.”
3. Fashion “lancet jewelry” and sell them outside the local pharmacy.
2. Reenact the “Hypo” scene in “Steel Magnolias” wherever I go. “Don’t talk about me like I’m not here!”
1. Wear only a Speedo and draw a blue circle around every infusion set mark on my body.
Yeah. Back to the drawing board.