Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Soy Un Perdedor

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me."

That would be a line from the Beck song "Loser" and no I am not calling you "baby" and no I am NOT asking you to kill me.

But I do want to tell you about something cool...

Landileigh mentioned wanting to start a "Biggest Loser" type program on her blog and I quickly jumped on board. Here is how she explains how the program will work.

Now let me start this out, this IS NOT a diet. We’re all adults here, we’ve probably been on tons of diets. This is not an exercise plan. I’m not a doctor or a trainer. This is a support group. Here to encourage and push and guide. We all know what we need to do. We’ve been on Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, SlimFast, a thousand diets. But what we lack is motivation and support. THAT IS WHAT THIS IS!

The Biggest Loser - “D” Style is a way to see your progress in black and white. To hold yourself accountable by having it published. No yelling, no “oh you’ve been bad”, just encouragement! No prizes, i think losing weight and getting healthy is prize in itself. We each plan on doing our own diets and starting our own exercise plans."

So if this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of (we will have cool Biggest Loser graphics for your blog!), then just send me an email with your weight/weight/age and a front facing face shot of you to landileigh2 at gmail dot com, and we’ll add you in! Hope we have lots more participants!

So are you in? I think it's cool that we can just support one another and have a place to check in and cheer each other on.

I am excited to be a loser!

4 comments:

Chris said...

You'll alway be a loser to me George... JK

not looking to lose any weight (right now) but I will definitely add my support

Matt Keeling said...

I am always here to support you too. Particularly on the weight loss front.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Yeah! You got me in too! Though it was quite a crazy threat you made, but we'll just keep that between us ladies, K?

LOL!

Major Bedhead said...

Can I be a loser even though I don't have the big D?