Monday, June 08, 2009

The Return

Hey there.

I’m George and I am a blogger.

This last week has been a busy one for me with rehearsal every night for Godspell. But I don’t want to talk about that today.

I also had an endo appointment last week. But I don’t want to talk about that today.

No, I want to talk about my CGMS. I have been using it for almost two weeks now and I love it.

Sure it get annoying at night when, for whatever reason, it loses signal. And yes I get annoyed because people say, “So now you don’t have to prick your finger!” The funny part is I SWEAR I am checking more often now. And of course it is not spot on but dang, it is close most of the time and the trends are awesome to see.

Now to those of you on CGMS, you probably will find this post boring. You know all this stuff and still you use the technology. If it were not for all the blogs I read and people I spoke to, I think I may have been disappointed in the CGMS. It is not perfect but it has great value. It makes me feel like I have a new set of eyes and are able to see something that I never thought possible.

So I know I am still in the honeymoon stage with this thing but so far, so good. If you have any questions about my experience please ask away. You all know me well enough to know that I am always willing to tell you what I think.

I promise I’ll get to that other stuff this week.

4 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

I'm glad to hear you're finding the CGM beneficial. I think you summed it up really well - the overnight alarms are maddening, the fingersticks aren't much different, but the trends are great to see, and it's like "a new set of eyes". Like pumping, there are some things that are annoying, but overall, it's a great tool. I hope you ultimately see a difference in your BG's because of it.

And I look forward to reading the other updates you have in store for us :)

Wendy said...

Geez...I'm so relieved to hear that your fingerpricks are about the same. We started with Nav, but I thought I was doing something wrong b/c we were still pricking alot -- if not more...then there was that pesky issue of calibration and being about 20 points off most of the time. Sigh.

My Nav experience taught me that there just isn't going to be a magic gadget to make D easier. Two years ago, I was hoping the pump would be that magic gadget too...but...I'm slowly coming to the realization that managing D is just, well, hard.

So, Nav is in our closet. Just sitting there...staring at me everytime I open the door. Peek-A-Boo...still there/here. Oh, what to do. Give it another go? I just don't know.

It's like potty training. You KNOW you want to, but are you ready? Is she ready?

I've always said that mothering was a breeze until potty training...it's all downhill after that!

Cara said...

I love my CGMS. :) I'm glad you are liking yours.

Scott K. Johnson said...

I'm so glad to hear that it is working well for you!