Thursday, October 15, 2009

He's All Mine

As of today, and a $66.79 payment, "Master P" is 100% mine.

"Master P" is the name I have given my pump. I use a Minimed 722 insulin pump and when I got it, my insurance would only pay a portion of the price. Luckily their payment plan was not a major burden as far as monthly bills go but it seems I have been paying for it forever!

Having been a diabetic for 19 years does not make me feel like a know it all in any way. In fact, since I started blogging, got on this pump, and met all of you, I have found that I know very little. Each day I learn more and more about this disease and one day I hope I can help others learn about it and how to deal with it.

My pump has played a huge part in being a Born Again Diabetic and now his friend "Shell" (that's my CGM) work together to help me manage my blood sugar and see what medicine and food does to my blood glucose level. It may not be perfect but it provides information and insight I never thought I would know.

So what now? Honestly I am going to enjoy a few extra dollars in my pocket each month for a while. I figure this has been working for me for a while so getting a new pump is not really in my future unless something really cool comes along.

BEEP BOOP BEEP!!!

Sorry Master P, I didn't mean you weren't cool! (Also I didn't know you could hear.)

11 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

LOL! Now I'm going to imagine my pump and CGM listening to me!

u pwn ur pump!!

Bethany said...

I call my 722 "purpleguy"

I am on the same payment plan, too, but I'm not done yet :(

Scott K. Johnson said...

Man, that must feel good! It's all yours now, that's for sure!

Just think how much more Diet Coke you can afford now...

k2 said...

CONGRATS!
May Nanjabetic, Master P, & Shell continue to make beautiful music together!
ROCK ON
Kelly K

Jaimie said...

Hip hooray for paid bills :)

Traci said...

Lucky you! I think we're on the eternal $100 price for life plan on all things medical. Just when we think we're done, there's another payment that appears.

Cara said...

Woo-hoo! I remember when I paid mine off. It was a very nice feeling. :)

AmyT said...

I call mine "lump" -- 'cause it's an OmniPod. Congrats, George.

:) AmyT

Stacey D. said...

Congrats on finalizing payments for Master P! That is definitely a rewarding feeling to have something paid off ... no matter what it is.
"Having been a diabetic for 19 years does not make me feel like a know it all in any way. In fact, since I started blogging, got on this pump, and met all of you, I have found that I know very little. Each day I learn more and more about this disease and one day I hope I can help others learn about it and how to deal with it" and "My pump has played a huge part in being a Born Again Diabetic" I could not agree with you more!!! Pumping has totally changed my management and I've learned so, so much from people such as yourself when I thought I knew it all after 27 years too :)

Donna said...

I call my pump "Arnie" after Schwarzenegger, because when I first got it I felt like the Terminator, part woman, part machine!

Cherise said...

Lol, the title of this blog made me think about the song "he's mine, you may of had him once but I got him all the time" lol I know totally different tune but congrats!