Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Pavo Frio (that's spanish people)

Since my attempt to become smoke free failed I have at least accepted that going out “Cold Turkey” will not work. I am finally getting over a cold that I have had since 2003 (it seems) so hopefully I will be back to 100% soon and able to exercise some more. Exercising also helps me cut back and hopefully cut out all smoking!

FYI – I have cut my nicotine intake to less then half of what it was on Sunday so that is a minor accomplishment. I do apologize for the manner in which the last post ended. I tend to be extremely hard on myself and beat myself up a lot. I know this is not a good thing but I have always been that way. I need to be proud of my accomplishments and not try and take on everything at once.

Reading my blog is like watching that movie Sybil! I am a freak show! LOL

Thanks to all who left me encouraging notes and Scott, you can send me the therapist bill to the address you sent the book to. Thanks man.

3 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I had to actually look up the translation to that. It all made sense once I saw what it was.

Yeah, I'm what they call "pan blanco".

And cutting your nicotine intake to under half what it was a short 3-4 days ago? Dude, that's MAJOR like E-40!

And also no need to apologize for how your post ended. These are for you to write what you feel - doesn't have to be politically correct!! It's all about you man!

We are all hard on ourselves, and almost ALWAYS bite off more than we can chew. Nothing weird about it. But it's good that you recognize that it's not the healthiest thing to do, and work to better yourself. What more can you ask?

LOL at the Sybil thing! :-)

You might really freak out when you get my bill! I'll anxiously await that post!! 8D

J said...

Wow are you sure you not my long lost brother? I feel like I talk like sybil all the time "the people, the people" lol. I am hard on myself a lot too glad to see you taking time out to realize your accoplishments that is important!

Shannon said...

Do whatever it takes to quit.

How about trying the patch.

My mom and grandmother were hypnotized and it worked.