When this whole “change” thing came about we tried a lot of routes in attempt to save our house. They obviously did not work and again, this could end up being about 5 more posts just to explain it all. Maybe I should write a book?
Anyhow, when we finally decided that we needed to find a place to rent we started first with finding the area we needed to stay in to keep both kids in their schools. With George it was easy since High School cover a much larger area but for Gillian it was not so easy. We checked websites, newspapers, and even drove around to no avail. There was a BUNCH for sale but there were none for rent.
At this same time I sat down with my boss to tell him the situation. I still have not told my fellow employees since some of them like to tell me what to do and I just don’t think I can handle it just yet. It is still too fresh. When I told him he was very supportive and said he would help me in any way possible. I told him that the one thing I may need is an advance to cover the deposit for a place if we find one. He was totally cook and said, “of course.”
After shedding many tears in his office and thanking him countless times, he suggested that we talk with the kids. “You guys have always been upfront with them. Let them know. They can handle it. I know your kids and they will understand.”
We had the conversation I wrote about yesterday on a Saturday.
On my way home from church on Sunday I spotted a for sale sign on the way home. Just around the corner from my house so I knew it would be in the district. I got home, checked the website that was listed on the sign in the front yard, and found that 2 homes just went up for rent in our neighborhood. Both with 3 bedrooms and both within our budget.
Jasmine called the recorded number and asked if we could see both of them. We were able to see both on Monday night and really liked one in particular. We took home an application and Jasmine turned it in to the property management company on Tuesday. Wednesday night we got a call from the company saying, “The house is yours if you want it.” Thursday at church I talked to my boss and he had a check waiting for me at the end of the day. Friday we got a cashier’s check, took it to the management company’s office and signed the papers.
In one week we decided, found, and signed the papers on a new place.
It was almost as if, those homes were not going to become available until we were ready to make the move. I know that may sound funny but seriously, it just seems like someone was watching out for us.
God is good.