Friday, February 22, 2008

On the Mend

After several doses of Ammodium I have left the internal rain forest but am nearing the Sahara so I am downing water like mad. I did want to feel horrible all weekend and sitting here at work was awful yesterday. I ended up leaving at around 2pm.

Today at work we have our monthly meeting. Being that the economy is in a not so happy state, my boss asked me to compile a CD with some happy songs. You know to cheer people up. Here is what I came up with.

Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
It’s a Sunshine Day – The Brady Kids
Shiny Happy People – R.E.M.
Lust for Life – Iggy Pop
Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades – Timbuk 3
C’mon Get Happy – The Partridge Family
Rock This Town – Stray Cats
Daydream Believer – The Monkees
Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations

For one day warning I think I did okay. I have become the company DJ as of late. It’s cool since I am a HUGE lover of music. Listening and playing. IN FACT, my band is playing at a coffee shop again this weekend. I am really excited because gigs are just being offered to us which is a blessing. We also got an email from the Chaplain at Chino Prison wanting to book us for two more Sunday services later this year. I am so excited and thankful for these opportunities to spread Good News with our music.

Hey, if any of you happen to be in Orange County on Sunday Night let me know and I will send you a flyer to the gig. You can enjoy a Chai Tea too!

Mmmmmm Chai tea.

6 comments:

Kerri. said...

Hooooray for chai tea ... and for anyone who loves the Monkees. I have some of the old episodes on a VHS tape somewhere. I love me some Peter Tork.

I'm glad you're on the mend, SuperG. :)

Shannon said...

The Brady Kids can brighten anyone's day.

..M.. said...

Build me up Buttercup is one of those songs that always cheers me up. Even though the words aren't that cheerful, the tune is great for getting people smiling and dancing/singing along :) Good choice!

Ever been walking around in the supermarket and found every second person you come across is singing along to the radio? I've struck that twice - once it was that very song (buttercup) and I so wish I could remember the other one, I wanted to make sure I added it to my collection!

Music is a great mood-lifter :)

Windy said...

That is a GREAT mix! I smiled just reading it! haha! Time to do some illegal downloads to my ipod running mix. hee hee.

Donna said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Oh, I think it's so cool that you're spreading God's word through your music. When I'm feeling down, I pop in one of my Christian music CDs & feel God speak to me through the music. This always brightens my day. Glad you're a part of doing that for other people.

Anonymous said...

OK, I did LOL @ The Brady Bunch! As someone who believes in the psychology of music and moods, I say to you, "Bravo, George!" Hope it makes a difference. :)